Discover How We Support Your Career and Growth
We invest in our people. We reward our people for their performance. Our employee benefit packages are comprehensive and competitive. We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Prescription Drug Plan
- 401K Retirement Plan & Roth 401K
- Paid Time off (PTO)
- 10 Federal Holidays
- Accidental, Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Education Assistance
- Training Reimbursement
EEO – A Policy We Support
General Infomatics, Inc. uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. General Infomatics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Click here to find out more.
How to Apply
Resumes can be emailed to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s serious work, but if you’re like us, you enjoy solving challenging and complex problems. For our employees, careers range from keeping America’s military healthy to maximizing information and resources on the battlefield. We encourage your best ideas. Your creativity and passion for the job drive our success.
The Systems Engineering & Integration Services Business Unit of General Infomatics is seeking a Systems Engineer for our Northern Virginia offices. The successful candidate will invoke senior level oversight and serve as a primary liaison between the Program Manager of Test and Evaluation/Science and Technology (T&E/S&T) and technology development for Test and Evaluation capabilities managed by the Department of Defense (DoD) Test Resource Management Center (TRMC) Test and Evaluation/Science and Technology (T&E/S&T) Program Office located in Alexandria, VA.
- Programmatic, technical and financial oversight of the discovery, development and eventual transition of unique Budget Activity 3 S&T investments that will enhance the Department of Defense’s ability to test acquisition systems and improve the Department’s Test Infrastructure.
- Technology development overview briefings to T&E/S7T Program Management or to professional association meetings and working groups, managing the development of prioritized T&E needs and roadmaps, reviewing detailed scientific and technical proposals, managing the execution of a technology portfolio including the coordination of project requirements against scope, schedule, and funding constraints, ensuring program awareness of emerging T&E needs, and fundamentally, ensuring both the ability and adequacy of emerging technologies to address overarching Program objectives, among others.
- Applies advanced engineering concepts and mature technical judgment in defining essential operational requirements, characteristics, and capabilities for new and proposed test technologies, test capabilities, and related test infrastructure investments.
- Applies basic principles, concepts, and techniques of relevant engineering sciences, systems analysis, and higher mathematics to the development and operation of unique systems supporting the enhancement of test capabilities, facilities, analysis techniques, CONOPS, and workforce.
- Internal Subject Matter Expert in specific test technology areas (advanced instrumentation, autonomy, cyber, C4I, directed energy, electronic warfare, hypersonics, spectrum) relevant to the Program Management Office for the T&E/S&T Program.
- Other duties as assigned by the T&E/S&T Program.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical/engineering field and at least 6+ years of professional experience in an engineering related discipline managing, developing, designing, integrating, testing, evaluating or operating engineering hardware and/or software systems.
Ideal candidates professional experience includes a focus in the Program/Project Management of engineering or acquisition systems in a DoD Test & Evaluation context including the review of technical, programmatic and financial factors to include scope, schedule and cost as well as the technical experience listed above.
Candidate must possess an active DoD Secret security clearance.
25% travel to DoD test ranges, Principal Investigator locations, and conferences is expected.
Additional value would be placed on successful candidates with 5-19 years of experience with the DoD Acquisition life cycle and a focus in Test & Evaluation.
Experience managing the prototype design, development, and fabrication of electrical/mechanical/software systems for technology development.
A strong analytical thinker with both Technical and Programmatic background. Successful candidates must be excited to work with a fast-paced, growing small business congenial, family oriented environment fostered by General Infomatics, Inc.
Function as Program Management Office support to the Program Manager, Test & Evaluation/Science & Technology (T&E/S&T PM). Provide workflow/project management, technical writing/editing, and administrative support to T&E/S&T PM.
Responsibilities and Primary Duties
- Serve as liaison between T&E/S&T PM and key Test Resource Management Center (TRMC) personnel, as well as external contracts.
- Keep abreast of current events, policy, and regulation affecting, or with the potential to affect , the mission of the T&E/S&T Program.
- Assist T&E/S&T PM in establishing priorities and schedules.
- Workflow/Project Management
- Receive direction from T&E/S&T PM, disseminate it to the staff, establish internal suspenses and associated in-progress reviews and milestones, and track requirements to conclusion.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, letters, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Technical Writing/Editing
- Develop original content (briefings, reports, articles, etc.) from scratch, based on minimal guidance from T&E/S&T PM.
- Review and revise inputs to briefings/reports from multiple staff sections across the program; editing for the following:
- Fact-checking/continuity of content
- Mechanics (basic grammar, spelling, punctuation),
- Voice/continuity of style, point of view, writing conventions
- Intention (communicating intended message to intended audience)
- Provide configuration control for major briefings and reports
- Prepare responses to routine inquiries.
- Prepare reports, memos, letters, and other executive correspondence for signature.
- Review all executive-level correspondence.
- Obtain public release clearance for documents/briefings/reports.
- Plan distribution of outbound correspondence.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (engineering, program management)
- Self-management and project management skills
- General communication skills (verbal and written)
- Interpersonal communication skills (effective and respectful communication with teammates and external contacts at all organizational levels and functions)
- Organizational skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Short-term and long-term planning skills (ability to logically prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks and effectively schedule required meetings or follow-up actions)
- Persistence to follow through with tasks, or follow up on action items, to completion
- Professional appearance and demeanor; ability to interact with high-level DoD officials
- Self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision
- Hard-working and dependable
- Functions well in a fast-paced, high-level environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with, and ability to follow, style sheets
- Familiarity with National Capital Region nuances
- Familiarity with DoD structure, policy, and procedures with a particular understanding of DOT&E cultures and how they interplay with the Services
- Familiarity with DoD Acquisition and DoD Test & Evaluation
- Basic understanding of engineering principles and scientific method
- Technical writing/editing experience
- Administrative experience
- Must be able to receive a Secret Clearance
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Expert with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Expert with Adobe Acrobat
Job requires and expert level of proficiency to apply broad knowledge in a professional area to handle complex tasks where existing methods and procedures may not apply.
Minimum Required Skills/Experience
Resumes can be emailed to the following email address: email@example.com